20091001

A FAMILY FEAST: exhibition

Finally. A triumph for relationships over everything else benign;
family over career.

October 1st- opened by the notorious townsville bandit: Mr.N.Roche.
BE at 62 oxford st. DARLINGHURST sydney.


This little one will roam the month of October, please view yourself: IKU
ALL PORTRAITS WILL OPEN FOR VOYEURISM HERE OCTOBER12.




something changed..

I feel as if I have become installed within the exhibition.

Within 3 days of opening night there was some reaction with the paint on the wall, and the adhesives on the frames causing frames to fall and many smashing glass over the gallery floor. AND STILL MORE ARE CONTINUING TO DROP.

It's been incredibly frustrating and stressful driving into the city (over an hour each way) to survey the damage and re-fasten these frames to the wall.

While there are many obvious metaphors implicit within this circumstance, as I've been sweeping up the glass and swearing, I cannot overlook that these relationships falling are, and always were, beyond my control. That is: I cannot and do not control relationships. But I'm always ready and willing and usually frustrated and stressed off my freakin nut, to sweep the glass and stick them back on the wall that celebrates them.